Treatment of Power loom
- Intro: Description of a place
- Middle: Process of making banarsi cloth with power loom
- Middle-End: About demand, market exploration (local & foreign)
- End: Human-interest element
Scope of Work
Initially the most widely used technique was handloom but this trend is declining as the handlooms are being replaced with the power looms due to the technological advancement plus the rise in demand.The owners in the small houses consisting of two to three rooms are installing these power looms to meet the demand by increasing their supply to the market.For making or weaving the banarsi cloth Jacquard machines are used; which are the type of power-looms that are used for producing unlimited varieties of pattern weaving automatically.
Article of about 800 words would be posted on a blogger. Which includes a brief overlook of the news report. Information, which has not been used in the news report but has collected through reici and different ways, would all be added in this article. The information includes these certain points:
- Description of a place
- Process of Power loom
- Weaving with jacquard machine
- About raw material
- Weaving of silk
- Problem faced by the workers or owner
- Definition of different terminologies
- Human-Interest Element
- A complete shot of a place.
- A shot of the process
- A SOT of the buyers
- A SOT of the working people
- Background music from Royalty Loop Music.
- Voice Over of a producer.
- Images will be added in the article around 2 – 4. Every picture shows a different story that supports the writer point.
- A complete picture jacquard machines
- A picture of a workingman who is the part of the human-interest element.
Length, Distribution & Media
1. Target length: 3-4 minute target length on DVD
2. Distribution: Bahria University Thesis on DVD. Compressed Web version.
3. Video: MiniDV, digital shots of stills. Edited in FinalCut Pro.
5. Print: Articles on Blog.
6. Treatment: Word.
Characters included in this news package are:
SOT of a working man
Reason: Showing a human interest story
SOT of a owner of a shop (power loom)
Reason: Tells about the demand of the product and market.
SOT of a worker
Reason: Explaining the production process
|SOT of any buyer/customer||
If available there